Books | 书籍
- ZHAO Peng, 2023. Working with Data in Public Health: A Practical Way with R
- ZHAO Peng, XIE Yihui, HUANG Xiangyun. 2021. Modern Statistical Graphs. 赵鹏，谢益辉，黄湘云，2021。现代统计图形。
- ZHAO Peng, LI Yi. 2018. Learning R. 赵鹏，李怡，2018。学 R：零基础学习 R 语言。
Creative Commons license
Dr. Peng Zhao (赵鹏博士) is an assistant professor in Atmospheric Science in the Department of Health and Environmental Sciences (HES), Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU), as well as a member of the Honorary XJTLU Association, Liverpool University, and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Dr. Peng Zhao holds a Ph.D. in Geoecology (University of Bayreuth, Germany), a M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences (Peking University), and a B.Sc. in Chemistry (Peking University). He used to work as an assistant research scientist at the Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (China), a post-doc at the Institute of Ecology, University of Innsbruck (Austria), and a post-doc at the Max Planck Institute for Chemistry (Germany).
His research focuses on the ecosystem-atmosphere interaction, the cycles, and transformations of atmospheric pollutants, especially carbon compounds, as well as bioaerosols in the atmosphere. He is also interested in environmental data science. As an R language user, he published three books about R and data visualization and developed several R packages. He serves as a Young Editorial Board Member of the journal Data Science and Management. He is a member of the Capital of Statistics. He plays the guitar and the harmonica a little bit.
- Email address: Peng.Zhao@xjtlu.edu.cn
- Postal address: Room ES325, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, 215123 Suzhou, China
- PhD students: no funded positions currently. Self-funded positions are always available. Click here to see the details.
- Master students (MRes): 1 supervisee every year. Click here to see the details.
- Undergraduates (UG): 1 or 2 supervisees for the final year projects (FYP). 3 to 6 students for the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) programs. Contact me in advance.