Forums | OpenR

OpenR: R & Statistics /
Urgency: about the Tinytex update

Huanzhi Gong's profile picture

07 April 2022, 5:43 PM

This afternoon when I want to knit my assignment, the R let me update my tinytex. I used the code tinytex::reinstall_tinytex() which is introduced in the message. After I run this code, I try to knit my assignment again but end with many warning messages. I forget to take a screenshot of it. I think the problem is in the procedure of reinstalling. Then I try to reinstall the tinytex through the many mehods including the method you give at the beginning of this semester.  It still cannot work. This problem happens just before the deadline of the assignment. I feel so anxious about it.

Now, when I run tinytex::install_tinytex(), the result is: 

试开URL’https://yihui.org/tinytex/TinyTeX-1.tgz' 试开URL’https://yihui.org/tinytex/TinyTeX-1.tgz' Content type 'application/octet-stream' length 88395191 bytes (84.3 MB) ================================================== downloaded 84.3 MB

just this! Without anything else. When I run tinytex::reinstall_tinytex(), the result is: 

If reinstallation fails, try install_tinytex() again. Then install the following packages: tinytex::tlmgr_install(c("amscls", "amsfonts", "amsmath", "atbegshi", "atveryend", "auxhook", "babel", "bibtex", "bigintcalc", "bitset", "booktabs", "cm", "ctablestack", "dehyph", "dvipdfmx", "dvips", "ec", "epstopdf-pkg", "etex", "etexcmds", "etoolbox", "euenc", "everyshi", "fancyvrb", "filehook", "firstaid", "float", "fontspec", "framed", "geometry", "gettitlestring", "glyphlist", "graphics", "graphics-cfg", "graphics-def", "helvetic", "hycolor", "hyperref", "hyph-utf8", "hyphen-base", "iftex", "inconsolata", "infwarerr", "intcalc", "knuth-lib", "kpathsea", "kvdefinekeys", "kvoptions", "kvsetkeys", "l3backend", "l3kernel", "l3packages", "latex", "latex-amsmath-dev", "latex-bin", "latex-fonts", "latex-tools-dev", "latexconfig", "latexmk", "letltxmacro", "lm", "lm-math", "ltxcmds", "lua-alt-getopt", "lua-uni-algos", "luahbtex", "lualatex-math", "lualibs", "luaotfload", "luatex", "luatexbase", "mdwtools", "metafont", "mfware", "modes", "natbib", "pdfescape", "pdftex", "pdftexcmds", "plain", "psnfss", "refcount", "rerunfilecheck", "scheme-infraonly", "selnolig", "stringenc", "symbol", "tex", "tex-ini-files", "texlive-scripts", "texlive.infra", "times", "tipa", "tools", "unicode-data", "unicode-math", "uniquecounter", "url", "xcolor", "xetex", "xetexconfig", "xkeyval", "xunicode", "zapfding")) The directory /Users/darwin/Library/TinyTeX/texmf-local is not empty. It will be backed up to /var/folders/1j/3syv_zw13tvd3t_s1jlzg9n00000gn/T//RtmpshJ9Dy/filea8f7ce83337 and restored later.

Now I receive the message in the figure if I knit the assignment. 

Huanzhi Gong's profile picture

07 April 2022, 5:58 PM

Now I solve this problem. My method is: delete R thoroughly from my computer and reinstall it. 

Peng Zhao's profile picture

07 April 2022, 8:39 PM

Strange. But congrats that you have made it.

3 results